A Letter to my Future Self
Before I continue to the letter, 2017 has been a year which will affect me for many years to come. The events that have happened globally and personally really have resonated with me in ways you can never imagine. I can’t promise that this letter won’t be emotional, but I can promise it will be honest.
So, grab a cuppa and look forward to another year.
|Excuse the bags- coffee was needed.|
Hello, you or me ? I’m not sure how to put this.
To be frank, 2017 has been emotionally draining- let’s keep this PG. This year, has and probably will challenge you to the point in which you question everything. 2017 has shown you that, you are an over thinking pro. Yet, we both know, with every negative in life there comes a positive reaction.
Past or present, many mistakes which you have made have and will appear. Ex relationships, teenage regrets accompanied by anxiety will hinder your growth. Personally, in spite of the sleepless nights, tears and tantrums this year needed to happen. You finally know your strength.
Yes, finding your strength was mainly down to Sarah. Motivational text when she knew you were struggling to the Prosecco she hands you when you’ve simply had enough. Simply put, we both know- if this amazing woman is the closest thing to a sister I have, you are a very lucky girl. I can only hope she will know I will never take her for granted.
Mistakes and strength? Why have I jabbered on? Well, mistakes happen in life. It is in my (and your) opinion that it is strength which makes you, admit your mistakes and move on. Truly forgiving yourself for your own behavior is something to be admired.
In March, you had to watch the most sarcastic, proud and in his own way loving man pass away. Losing your granddad made you realize life can be cruel, we can never take each day or other for granted.
Emma Jade, we both know anxiety will follow you around like crazy. At times you’ll give in and that’s okay! Other times, you’ll accomplish something you never thought possible. Panic attacks, anxious days or simply days when you just don’t feel good enough- try and remember your loved. Just try.
I want to tell you who you are right now in this moment, sat at your desk in 2017. But I don’t know. And right now I’m okay with it. In time I’ll know.
Over the years you’ve tried to fit yourself into a box, find a stereotype you can make fit. Ramsell you are no stereotype. Even though you love a fad, such as avocado, you don’t have to decide who you are. It’s okay to not to know.
I could write for days about you past relationships, but, I don’t have the time. Don’t go back. No matter how much you loved them or the mistakes you made.
Remember: Even Bridget got her Mr Darcy in the End.
Stop concentrating on the bad.
|The night I danced and sang until I couldn't.|
Yes, this letter is emotional, but what about happiness. What about the times, you’ve belly laughed.
· Remember the night you sang so hard your heart out to ‘Take on the world’ at one of the best concerts you’ve ever been too.
· Remember the first comment you had on your blog- you had tears in your eyes.
· Remember all the things you never thought you could achieve and did.
· Remember you are epic- hold on to the good, sometimes you need to remember why you wear your heart on
I have three little tips going forward for you. All three I hope you remember, OR , read when you feel like giving up.
· You’re enough- Whether or not you embarrass yourself on a daily basis, you’re enough. Whether or not you fail, you’re enough. Whether you’re single, you’re enough.
· Take a moment- Life gets in the way of so much. When something amazing happens, try to take it in. You’re guilty of not owning your achievements.
· Overthinking, only waste’s time- You could be the over thinking queen. When over thinking gets too much, stop what you’re doing. Give your mum a hug, talk to the dog or just do something else. What you’re thinking will very rarely happen.
Never stop living. Enjoy every embarrassing situation you can along the way. Take every opportunity you can. Be something you’ve always wanted to be: Happy. *inserts a massive cheesy grin*
P.S 25 will be a big year for you. Enjoy it.