Goals for 2017


With the New Year here, I have started to think about the goals I want to achieve in the next 12 months. These goals aren't New Year's resolutions, they are simple goals that I hope to have accomplished by 2018.

New Year, New Me?

No, thank you. I am very comfortable being a girl who wears her heart on her sleeve, hates crowds and cries at Call the Midwife. Setting myself 'goals' is a way to push myself in to doing something I never thought possible. Promising myself that I will champion the little 'wins' in life rather than the fails, has already given so much confidence to different aspects of my life.

2016 Goals.

Choosing to focus on three main aspects of my life and dealing with them one allowed me to better myself, slowly letting myself to grow into the person I am right now. I'm not going to go into too much detail, but here are my goals from 2016.

Pay off my Overdrafts.
Having debt hanging over your head isn't fun for the best of us. So when I was given the opportunity to work two jobs to pay my over draft's off I jumped at the chance. In all honesty, I struggled all the time. I was so tired, yet i did it. £3000 worth of debt paid- I still can't believe it myself.

Pass my Driving Test
After 5 attempts I did it. I passed my driving test with about a week left to spare on my theory. I think it must have been luck!

Lose Two Stone.

I didn't quite make this goal, but I was close enough. I lost 1 and a half stone. With losing this weight I found that I could slowly start liking the way I look so I'm not going to emphasize the half a stone I didn't lose.

2017 Goals!

Saving for a home.
I feel as though I am ready to try and be an adult and buy my own home. Yet, I financially can't afford it. So this year will be all about saving. My goal is to have a good chunk of my house deposit saved buy the end of the year. In the process of this all I will still try to keep an eye on the market in hopes I find my bargain dream home!

Our Shire- Nationaltrail.co.uk
HOLIDAY!




In among the saving, I have the faint hope that I might actually be able to have a little trip away. Even if its only a weekend, with the girls I will be happy if its not in my little bubble!

Currently, I'm trying to coax my friend into have a wine filled weekend in the Cotswold's. And failing miserably.

Having time to myself.
In the past I had a history of severe anxiety attacks,mainly caused by feeling not good enough and taking on other peoples stresses. After feeling like I could be heading in that direction I have vowed to take more time for myself from booking a massage to reading a book.

Aiming to take a few hours to myself each week, will hopefully just give me a much needed break.

And continue...
I can't wait to see where i will be in 12 months time. Being a true believer that every decision, mistake and even accident makes you a stronger person. So whether good or bad(hopefully good) I'm sure i will learn a few things along the way.

Comments

Popular Posts