Product Reveiw- L'Oreal True Match Hightlighter

So, if you have been reading my blog for a little while you will have known, I have a slight obsession with Boots. So, when I had some extra money I obviously spent some time browsing the isle for some new products.

After starting afresh with my make up, I decided to try the L'Oreal True Match Highlighter. A 3-in-1 product which can be used with foundation, as a primer or a cream highlight. Being reasonably priced at £6.99 this product could have been the dream product I've been looking for.



Over the next few days I eagerly used  this products and definitely found a few issues with it  along the way.

Initial  thoughts.

When in Boots I thought the packaging was practical and really pretty. The metallic pink dazzled as I hoped the highlighter would. Being a sucker for packaging I was so excited to try it.

My initial thoughts of the product, was how small the applicator was. The applicator only lets out a small amount of the product- which could save product wastage or could just be a giant pain. It turned out to be a bit of a nightmare- especially when using it as a primer.

Used as a primer.

I am going to be 100% honest, this product is pretty poor as a primer. Application is so hard to use due to the packaging only giving a small amount of product at any point. True Match highlights icy sheen would look amazing on extremely pale skin tones. The metallic sheen can make you look a little like a tin man when you use a little too much product; remember less is definitely more.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend using this product as a primer or under foundation, really. It's extremely difficult to make it look 'good'. It does give a great 'glowy' look, just not all the time. And  if we are all honest, their a shimmer and then their tin.

Used as a highlight

I love this product as a highlight, its a great affordable highlight for so many expensive products. Being priced at £6.99, it is a steal compared to some (*cough, cough Anastasia Beverly Hills). The coverage does seem to be a little light, but the product is very easily built up with a few more drops. The price, the build-ability and the fact that its in nearly EVERY boots store makes this product definitely worth a buy.

Would I buy it again?

I really don't know. I do love using it as a highlight, but this product is branded as a 3-in-one product; I just don't know if its worth it. After all the hope I had for this product, it almost feels a little lack lustre. What do you think? Let me know below.

Comments

  1. I love your honest review, I was looking at this product the other day in the shops your review has helped me to decide whether to purchase it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I try to be as honest as possible. Although, I feel like ive been giving L'Oreal a bit of a bashing lately.

    Might need to have a little bit more of a positive one soon.

    Love,

    Em

    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts