Day 9: Why are we all on a saving ban?
|Sourced from encyclopaedia Britannica.|
I don't know if you have noticed but 'Saving Ban's' seem to be every where at the moment. From Youtuber's to the girls everyone seems to think you can't save if you spend money. And I have to say I am one of them!
What is a 'Saving Ban'?
A 'Saving Ban' is a personal challenge where you cut out lifes luxuries and save every penny you can. It has been plastered all over the blogosphere recently? Yet is it worth the stress?
- More money. Bonus!
- Better control of your money. And if youre like me, you need this.
- You'll have to say no to a lot.
- It takes massive commitment.
- Its easy to give up, when things get tough(trust me).
My Saving Ban...
Being introduced to a 'Saving Ban' by Emma's Rectangle. I instantly thought 'What a great idea'. I instantly thought that it could help me to pay for my holiday or what ever is my next problem with my car.
Although, I found my first attempt of a 'Saving Ban' to be really hard. It seem to drain me because I was saving every penny I could. It created a lot of pressure. So this time I decided to give myself a few 'treats'. They are:
- Travel- train fares, petrol and other forms of transport. I have to get places and would like to see my boyfriend this month!
- Presents; Mother's day is fast approaching and if I could I would buy her an Island.
- One meal out. I love to eat out in Leeds theres so much choice, but after investing in a taste card I can save money when dining.
I started my second chance 'Saving Ban' on the 6th April and so far its going really well! Although I will need petrol tomorrow!
'Saving Ban's are really beneficial to your bank account, but you will be stressed and you will miss out on a lot. Although if you want something so badly, its a sacrifice worth doing.
Hope you enjoy! And I'll keep you updated!